Day 1 of LL- Who's the real father of...


⟳  πŸŒ Since I was little, my dream was to travel around the world.  πŸŒŽ ⟲

πŸŒ’πŸŒ“πŸŒ”πŸŒ–πŸŒ—πŸŒ˜

I always thought about how breathtaking it would be if I can travel to all corners of the world and see all the famous landmarks with my very own eyes. But as I grew older, I realized we often only think of landmarks as a tour site that we must visit, but why can't we charge our mindset and put ourselves in their shoes? That they have their own life and story to tell too! So here in this blog, I will explore on various landmark's life and find the answers to see if these questions with you guys!

If I say “Paris”, what instantly came to your mind? I bet It’s the well known building that all tourists will go to no matter how little time they have at France. As a matter of fact, It's one of my favourite landmarks out of all! But you can probably guess by now, Day one of LL would be spent talking about... the city of light's  representative, The Eiffel tower!

The Eiffel tower was born because of the Exposition Universelle, or the World’s Fair in 1889, which was the festival in which celebrated the 100 year anniversary of the French revolution.I discovered a designing competition was held to appoint a designer to be in charge of a project which was to build an architecture in the middle of Paris, at Champ de Mars. Alexandre Gustave, a civil engineer and architect, won and was later given the title of "father of the Eiffel Tower". Think about it, back then, who would have known this statue would end up being a symbol of France years later?

As I mentioned before, Alexandre Gustave was technically the father of the , but is that really true? The answer is n and o, NO.


🚨P.S. , I love his pose🚨
It was actually his coworker, Maurice Koechlin, who created this structure. Each detail of the tower was came up by him, so he was the true father. When I did my research, I was astonished. It instantly reminded me of when the truth of who's the real parents of the protagonist is revealed in movies. By the way, there's usually a “dun, dun, dun, DUN” sound too. Haha. Good thing Eiffel tower isn't a human, or else I don't know if it can handle it after hearing this news.

Since this is the first official post of Landmarks Life, the introduction was a bit long. I'm so sorry about that and I promise it won't happen again in future posts. And that's for today, see you guys soon. Peace out!πŸ‘‹

↢↢↢↢↢↣↣↣↣↣

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 11 of LL- Blue, white, blue, white, blue 。。。

Day 10 of LL-こんにけは!🌸

Day 6 of LL- Faces important enough to be on a mountain